Sunday, May 25, 2008

HAL to BIAL... Gone with the wind

I guess its only after BIAL came in did HAL airport get its name. Till then , we knew it as our very own Bangalore Airport. Now that Bangalore has got its all new, bright & sassy International airport, poor old airport got a distinguishing name "HAL airport" :(

There's a popular belief which says that one doesnt realise the importance of anything or person till he's not next to you anymore ! same is the case with HAL airport and me. It has been my neighbourhood, entertaining my guests who come home and are so impressed seeing these birdies (I mean the planes) so close to my balcony. The last couple of years , I had to live with the unbearable noise that those whales (thats what I call them) created. Let alone the noise they created, imagine the testing. I would 'shoo' them when they made too much noise such that I could not even hear what my TV was saying. I would grin & stare at the Run-way then.....vain! they wouldn't listen. Those rascals !!

It was all like a green sea where these fishes swam just like in an aquarium I created. Just like this video here, I was smart enough to capture them on my camera, before I could bid them Good Bye. Click & Enjoy... Bet ! you'll love them.









But, they are all gone now...... :(



Bye, bye birdies.



It took me a day after the shift had happened to realize what had happened. Suddenly everything was so quiet. What happened? today those rascals seem to be acting good. What are they up to?. I tried to find out peeping through the window quietly. To my surprise even the lights were all gone. My sweet neighbours seem to have shut shop ? !. Quite disturbed I went back to bed. Sleep took over & so did the thought of the planes not being there anymore. It all looks so empty now.....no more evenings when I would go to the terrace and sip on my favourite cup of tea while the planes kept me company. Please come back birdies . I really miss you all .....(wonder what kind of a feeling is this ? can even machines make you cry).....

No comments: